Construction Industry Level 1 Diploma at Basingstoke College of Technology
You will receive instruction, guidance and encouragement to practise and develop the skills necessary to achieve the Diploma.
Group A - Mandatory units:
- Introduction to Construction Work
- Principles of Health and Safety
- Handling and Storing Materials and Components
- Personal Work Skills
- Introduction to Self-employment
Optional Units: Choose three from the following list:
- Carrying out Dry Lining Operations
- Carrying out Painting and Decorating Operations
- Carrying out Plastering Operations
- Carrying out Plumbing Operations
- Carrying out Trowel Operations
- Carrying out Wood Operations
- Carrying out Electrical Operations
Attendance of 100% is necessary in order to complete the course.
You may also choose to study for a GCSE to increase the number of your qualifications, or to resit a previous GCSE subject to improve a grade. To enhance employment opportunities the course may also have additional qualifications built into the programme.
4 GCSEs at grade E or above including English and Maths, or completion of an entry level qualification in the Construction Industry and Functional Skills English and Maths.
The course is continuously assessed by both practical and written assignments and theory unit tests and externally set practical tests.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
This course is a recognised route into a Level 2 course, employment or an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.