BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care at Swakeleys School for Girls
The course has been created to enable students to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the health and social care sector.
Areas of study include topics such as:
- Developing Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care
- Health, Safety and Security in Health and Social Care
- Development Through the Life Stages
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care
- Sociological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
- Psychological Perspectives for Health and Social Care
An interest in learning how to care for a range of different ages is important, alongside an interest in gaining practical skills which enable you to help people. You may want to complete your work experience in a health care setting which involves either voluntary work, a nursery, a school with special needs or a residential home.
Students will have passed 4 GCSEs at A*-C
Work is assessed on a pass, merit, distinction, distinction* grading. The extended diploma is the equivalent to 3 A levels and will be delivered over two years; students must complete 16 units. The diploma is the equivalent to 2 A levels and will be delivered over two years; students must complete 12 units. The subsidiary diploma is the equivalent to 1 A level and will be delivered over two years; students must complete 6 units. All units are internally assessed through coursework.
A level 3 course enables the student to progress onto university. The course could also lead in to employment within the health and social care sectors due to already gaining work experience in health and social care environments.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Swakeleys School for Girls directly.