NEBOSH at TheLightBulb Apprenticeships
This course aims to ensure that delegates develop a sound understanding of the principles of risk management in order to build or reinforce an effective safety culture in the company.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is for Managers, Supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a wide understanding of Health and Safety issues in order to be able to manage risks effectively. It can form a first step towards a career in health and safety or further professional study. Delegates should be able to demonstrate understanding through the application of knowledge to familiar and unfamiliar situations.
The syllabus has been unitised to accord with QCA for England and the level of the examination is set at Level 3 to Advanced Level or Advanced GNVQ. This is set in three parts giving candidates a foundation in the practical aspects, as well as an insight into the management of occupational safety and health.
- UNIT NGC 1: Management of Health and Safety – consisting of 8 elements*
- UNIT NGC 2: Controlling workplace hazards – consisting of 8 elements*
- UNIT NGC 3: Health and Safety practical application *refer to timetable for breakdown of elements.
The Practical Assessment: (using the Prospects training workshops at Crompton Close)
- Workplace physical inspection and recording, including indentifying hazards, assessing risk level and indentifying actions.
- Written report to management on the inspection – concentrating on convincing management to take action.
2 two-hour written exams and a practical assessment. The course covers the elements required to successfully pass the examination and practical assessment leading to non-corporate membership of The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
Please note: As the Practical Assessment takes place on workshop premises, please ensure that you bring your Personal Protective Equipment for use during this part of the course (Day 12 for Site Visit and Day 13 for Practical Assessment).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact TheLightBulb Apprenticeships directly.