Organising and Delegating at TheLightBulb Apprenticeships
As a manager, you need to maximise the value of your workforce and make the best use of their individual strengths. As well as reducing the impact of individual weaknesses.
This course will help you to get the most out of your people by managing them effectively and delegating appropriately.
You’ll learn how to allocate work to specific team members, prioritise work activities to meet objectives and identify current and future staffing needs. You’ll go on to explore the benefits of delegation and identify some of the common barriers to delegation. You’ll also learn how to monitor the progress of delegated tasks and use constructive feedback as a tool to motivate staff and improve performance.
This workshop can be delivered at our dedicated training centre in Basildon or tailored to meet your needs and delivered at your own premises.
The workshop aims to cover the following content:
- The importance of planning the team’s work to achieve objectives
- Techniques for deciding the most appropriate individual to undertake the activity
- The importance of making effective and efficient use of people’s knowledge and skills, and how to achieve this
- Outline of the principles of human resource planning to assure continuity of output and quality
- Definitions of authority and power; responsibility and accountability
- Concepts of delegation and empowerment
- Process of delegation including barriers and support mechanisms
- Techniques to monitor outcomes of delegation
- Feedback, recognition and reward techniques
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact TheLightBulb Apprenticeships directly.