NQF BTEC Level 2 Award in Public Services at De Aston School
This is a practical, work-related course which covers the skills needed to enter the armed, emergency, security and other government or voluntary-funded services. You learn by completing tasks, projects and assignments that are based on realistic public services or related situations and activities.
What will I learn?
You will complete by the end of Year 12.
- Unit 1 – The Role and Work of the Public Services
- Unit 2 – Working Skills in the Public Service Sector
Optional units: We can pick from a range to suit the needs and interests of the class. You will study two of these units:
- Unit 3 – Employment in the Public Services
- Unit 4 – Public Services and Community Protection
- Unit 5 – Health, Fitness and Lifestyle for the Public Services
4 GCSEs at Grade E and above, including English Language and Maths. A vocational qualification will be considered as an equivalent to a GCSE qualification provided that at least a Level 1 Pass has been achieved overall.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact De Aston School directly.