Children and Young People's Workforce (CYPW) CACHE Cerificate at Tong Leadership Academy
This qualification is designed to help learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age. It is suitable for all those who wish to work or are working in a supervised role in the Children and Young People’s Workforce in England.
We concentrate on Units including topics on Child Development, Keeping Children Safe, Communication, Environments for Child Care and Professional Roles and Responsibilities. All students are required to successfully complete a 200 hours of work experience in a child care setting, spread throughout the year. The work covered so far this year has included: group discussion; reading and comprehension; testing factual information; class learning; presentations and note taking techniques. • Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
• Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
• Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
• Child and young person development
• Contribute to children and young people's health and safety
• Support children and young people's positive behavior
• Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
• Support children and young people's play and leisure
• Understand child and young person development
• Contribute to the support of child and young person development
• Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
All assessment is assignment based with no external examination element. These units of work result in students achieving the CACHE Certificate for completing all 13 units successfully and are graded at Pass or Fail.
On successful completion of the course students may progress into employment or higher levels of study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tong Leadership Academy directly.