Design & Technology AS/A Level at Ysgol Brynrefail
What will I learn?
- Knowledge and understanding of the world of design and manufacture through studying Design and Innovation, product Analysis, Materials and Components, and Industrial and Commercial Practice
- Develop a range of design and manufacturing skills through the medium of a high quality project
How will I learn?
- A series of class and homework activities to build a base of knowledge and understanding
- A practical project where the research and designing work is done in school and at home
and the practical work is done at school
- Experience of the field of Design and Technology through the medium of a GCE course
- Graphics equipment, A3 design file, A4 file and textbook
- A commitment to working independently over long periods
- Assignment grades throughout the year
- End of year external examination (40%)
- Design and make project (60%)
A full A level course might be considered
Engineering, Architecture, Product Design, Graphic Design
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Brynrefail directly.