Sport Level Two Extended Certificate at East Riding College
This course will equip you with the necessary skills, experience, self-confidence and qualifications to work as a leisure and recreation assistant or coaching assistant at sports centres, health and fitness clubs, holiday camps and activity centres. Assignments are based on realistic workplace situations, such as designing training programmes and administering fitness tests. Functional skills will also be taught as part of the course. This diploma is equivalent to four GCSE passes.
You will complete a number of units which are chosen from the following:
- Fitness testing and training
- Practical sports
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Development of personal fitness
- Psychology for sport performance
- Exercise and fitness instruction
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Effects of exercise on the body systems
- Nutrition for sports performance
- Work experience in the sport industry
- Planning and leading sport activities
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above or level one diploma or introductory diploma or NVQ level one or equivalent
- A satisfactory interview
- An initial assessment
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work and observation of tasks and activities.
You could progress to our Level Three BTEC 90-Credit Diploma in Sport or one of the extended diplomas in sport coaching, development and fitness, performance and excellence or outdoor adventure. Or you could progress into employment in the sports and leisure industry or obtain a sport apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.