Engineering Certificate - Level 1 at Crawley College
Do You like to take things apart and remake them? Are you a creative person and enjoy designing things? Do you want to have a career in an ever growing industry that helps to build a better future? Did you find that Science and Maths were your kind of subject at school? If so then this is the programme for you.
The UK is expanding its Engineering industry with more and more companies looking for creative and practical individuals, to come up with innovative ways to improve, repair things and to solve problems to create a better future. Here at Central Sussex College you will take your steps into your new career path, learning in a practical environment to achieve the best results.
Learners on this Programme will carry out practical tasks in the following areas of Engineering.
- Electronics - In this area you will learn how to safely carry out soldering activities to produce working electronic circuits as well as essential skills such as component identification.
- Mechanical - In this area you will learn how safely carry out bench fitting activities such as marking out, drilling, cutting and filling accurately, before progressing onto operating lathes and milling machines to produce machined components.
- Welding and Fabrication - In this area you will learn the skills and techniques required to accurately mark out, cut, form and join sheet and plate materials to produce components. You will learn how to safely operate Guillotines, Folding and Rolling machines as well as Oxy-Acetylene and Electric Arc Welding processes such as Oxy-Acetylene and Electric Arc Process.
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.
Entry onto this programme is dependant on you achieving one of more of the following.
- 4x GCSE at grade E or F including English Language with Maths at grade E.
- Successful completion of Central Sussex College's Essential Skills programme.
16-18 year olds will not have to pay tuition fees, awarding body registration or exam fees. However they are required to pay for any other third party costs, such as books, equipment and educational trips/visits.
Some students may be eligible for a fee concession, although in most cases some element of the fees will have to be paid.
Upon successful completion of a L1 Engineering qualification you will be able to progress onto specialist pathways in Engineering at Level 2 in the following disciplines:-
- Manufacturing (Machining)
- Welding and Fabrication
- Aircraft Engineering
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.