English Language GCSE Retake at Lowestoft College
This course gives you another chance at gaining your all important C grade!
The course is designed to enhance your reading, writing and speaking and listening to prepare you for further study and employment.
- Understanding fiction and non-fiction texts
- Identifying language techniques used in texts for effect
- Evaluating trends in the way we speak, text and write
- Writing fiction and non-fiction texts for purpose and effect
- Improving spelling, punctuation and grammar
A D-grade in English Language or a Level 2 in Functional English. If your prior attainment is lower than this you will study Functional English to prepare you for GCSE English.
There are two exams in June to assess your reading and writing skills. Your speaking and listening skills will also be assessed and you’ll receive a separate grade for this.
Having a GCSE in English will open more doors for you:
- With a suitable Level 3 qualification and your GCSE, you could go to university
- You can progress on to level 3 courses in practical or theoretical subjects
- You could go on to A Levels
- You’ll be immediately more employable
- Writing assignments in other subjects will be easier
- Finding and applying for work will be easier
- You’re more likely to gain an apprenticeship/traineeship
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lowestoft College directly.