CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education (Level 2) at The Bluecoat Academy
What will be studied ?
Theme 1 – Introducing the role of the early years practitioner;
Theme 2 – Legislation, framework and professional practice;
Theme 3 – Play, development and learning for school;
Theme 4 – Professional development.
Example units of study include:
• Support physical care routines for children
• An introduction to the role of the early years practitioner
• Understand how to work in partnership
• Support healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
• Support children with additional needs
• Support creative play
• Use observation, assessment and planning
• Support children’s positive behaviour
• Support children’s play in early years
• Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
How will I be assessed ?
It is very important that we link theory to practice through:
• Course work (unit assignment/tasks ).
• Multiple choice question paper (External assessment)
• Assessment in early years placements, monitoring & reports.
Grading system: pass/refer
Work placement Integral to the course will be a two days per week placement in an Early Years setting.
This will allow the knowledge gained in the classroom to be applied in a real life setting and allow further skills to be developed.
You will be visited and assessed in your work place throughout the year.
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered using a variety of learning styles including practical/ creative tasks, demonstration, research and presentations as well as written assignments.
What equipment will I need ?
No specialist equipment is required, but you will need a range of basic stationery: ring binder, pens, pencils, lined paper etc.
Where can I progress ?
The course may lead to employment in a wide range of settings e.g. Nursery Assistant, Pre-school Assistant, Playgroup/Crèche worker etc.
You may wish to progress onto further study at Level 3 which is equivalent to 3 A Levels & attracts UCAS points for entry to Higher Education.
This qualification allows progression into the CACHE Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications. The Level 3 qualification is a ‘Licence to Practice’ (EYE)
Students wishing to take this course should have achieved at least 4 GCSE’s at grades D/E.
Entry will also be through interview, and two references will be required to verify your suitability to work with young children.
This is a full time qualification and prepares you to work in a supervised capacity with children and their families in a variety of settings and within the childcare sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Bluecoat Academy directly.