Accessibility links

Access to Higher Education Science at Riverside College Halton

Course content

The Access to Higher Education Course (Access) is offered in conjunction with the Open College of North West (OCNW).You will need to pass three Level 2 units and two Level 3 units to complete the course. Riverside College Halton currently offers the following pathways: Access to Health and Social Care professions Access to Science Access to Social Sciences Access to Teacher Training Access to Computing and ICT

Entry requirements

You do not need formal qualifications but you must have a good standard of literacy and numeracy.


Assessment is through a mixture of coursework and examination. You will need to pass three level 2 units and two level 3 units to complete the course. The course starts in September and runs through to June with exams being taken in the first 2 weeks of June.

Future opportunities

We have excellent progression opportunities to local universities including Liverpool John Moores University, Edge Hill University and University of Chester.

Further information

No specialist equipment required.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Riverside College Halton directly.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014
Provider logo

Key information