Recruitment, Selection and Induction of Staff at TheLightBulb Apprenticeships
This course is designed for those who are new to recruitment interviewing, or those who wish to ‘formally’ develop their skills. Practical tools and approaches will be highlighted along with the opportunity to practice skills taught via role play.
Delegates will be provided with an introduction to the practicalities and process of interviewing, enabling them to transfer their learning to their next recruitment assignment!
This workshop can be delivered at our dedicated training centre in Basildon or tailored to meet your needs and delivered at your own premises.
The workshop aims to cover the following content:
- Brief review own organisational recruitment policies and procedures
- Basic legal aspects of recruitment
- Simple techniques for job analysis
- How to prepare job descriptions and person specifications
- Range of methods for advertising vacancies (internally and externally) and how to select the most appropriate applicant for a variety of posts
- The relative merits of internal and external applications
- Use of job descriptions and person specifications to shortlist applicants
- Preparation for selection interviews to ensure impartiality and optimum decision
- Selection interviewing techniques
- Alternative methods for selecting the most suitable applicant
- The importance of effective induction
- The phases of induction (eg organisational, local team, facilities, spread over time)
- Matching of organisational and individual needs during induction
- Legal and practical aspects of health and safety to be included
- Methods to monitor and record an individual’s progress
- How to evaluate the effectiveness of the induction process
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact TheLightBulb Apprenticeships directly.