Plastering Level 1 Diploma at Preston's College
This course runs from September to June and consists of six knowledge based online assessments and a series of practical tests. You will start by learning the very basics of plastering which will include health and safety, tools and equipment and mixing materials. The skills acquired will include being able to prepare background surfaces, repair damaged walls, plaster areas and produce finished surfaces using a variety of techniques and materials. You will also learn how to use step ladders in a practical way when you are working on your projects and about tower scaffold in the classroom.
Units to study:
– How to apply plaster materials to internal background walls
– How to apply plasters to both straight and angled walls
– How to produce plaster components from moulds
– How to use various types of access equipment such as step ladders and mobile scaffolds
– Safe working practices
– Communicating with others, the use of drawings and specifications when on site
– You will learn about buildings and the processes that are involved in the construction of both houses and factories
A profile of mainly E’s at GCSE including maths and English. You must also show an interest in the subject, complete an English and maths assessment, attend an interview and complete a multiple choice assessment.
– Portfolio of evidence
– In class tests
– Practical synoptic tests
– Multiple choice tests
Preston’s College Course: You can progress to Level 2 Plastering.
Some students gain an Apprenticeship/employment and in this case you would return to college on a day release basis and study the Level 2 Diploma in Plastering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.