Business Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma (Top-Up) at Highbury College
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business is mainly designed for those learners who know in which sector they would like to specialise and gives learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment.
It is for students who have completed the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Business.
Following on from the 9 units studied in the 90 Credit Diploma, a further 9 units are included, each of which looks at a business area in much more detail.
An example would be Human Resources Management areas including:
- Developing Teams in Business
- Training in the Business Workplace
- Recruitment and Selection
- Marketing areas including Relationship Marketing, Food Retailing, Creative Product Promotion and Visual Merchandising
- Operational areas including Accounting Systems,
- Aspects of Employment Law
- Managing a Business Event
- Aspects of Contract and Business Law
- Managing Business Information
- Understanding Business Ethics and Supply Chain Organisation.
You will need 5 GCSE grades A*-C or equivalent (to include English and Maths), and a pass in the 90 Credit Diploma and a recommendation from your tutor.
Evidence of previous work experience would be useful.
The programme is assessed by a range of methods including projects, presentations, case studies, controlled-assessments and assessed coursework.
You could progress to a Higher National Certificate Level 4 in Business or enter the world of work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highbury College directly.