Fish Management – Level 3 Diploma at Sparsholt College
During this course you’ll study a wide range of fishery and aquatics related subjects via both practical and theoretical teaching.
Regular off site practicals, external industry speakers and industry visits all give you the opportunity to develop valuable industry contacts. This course includes a three-week block of industry-based placements each year and a specialist end of year trip to reward progress and achievement.
You’ll be taught by many of the leading experts in the fishery industry and will study core units and optional pathways in areas such as fishery management; including still water and rivers, the angling industry or aquatics management, aquarium systems and exotic animal husbandry.Topics covered
• Fish biology and the science of water quality
• Fish farming and breeding
• Pond design, installation and maintenance
• Environmental management and maintenance
• Industry experience
Four GCSEs at grade C or above including English, Maths and Science/Level 2 Diploma at Merit level
plus GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
• FdSc in Sport Fisheries and Aquaculture or Marine Ecology and Conservation
• BSc (Hons) in Aquaculture and Fishery Management, Marine Biology, Aquatic Biology or Aquatic Zoology
• Assistant Fishery or Fish Farm Manager
• Environment Agency Technician
• River Keeper
• Tackle and Bait Retail and Manufacturing
• Angling Coach
• Pond Design and Building
• Aquatic Retail Industry
• Research and Conservation
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sparsholt College directly.