Sport (Female College Academy in association with Chelsea FC Foundation) BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Guildford College
For talented female football players aged between the ages of 16 - 19, the Merrist Wood Female College Academy, in association with Chelsea FC Foundation, provides players with first class training and development in conjunction with full-time academic study.
- You will receive up to 10 hours of coaching from professional coaches from the Chelsea FC Foundation
- You will compete in the BCS Elite Women's Under 19s Academy League and the British Colleges National Cup - both competitions offer a competition level for all players
- Training and fixtures often take place at the Chelsea FC Training Facility situated in Cobham, Surrey
- Previous students have progressed onto the Chelsea Ladies First and Reserves Teams, alternatively players have gone on to gain scholarships at US Universities
- You will have access to performance strength and conditioning coaching
- You will be encouraged to gain your FA Level 1 and 2 Certificate in Coaching Football and progress on to coaching players in the local community
- The qualification you will achieve is the equivalent to 3 A levels which will provide you with the option of moving on to University or to employment within the sports industry
- Facilities include a sports hall and weights room
- You will have access to a variety of 'bolt on' qualifications including first aid and Level 2 CSLA.
The course is suitable for anyone who is interested in working within the sports and leisure industry in careers such as coaching, sports development, teaching, governing body or club administration, fitness instruction or personal training, leisure centre management or sales and marketing. Also for individuals with a desire to develop their football and aim to progress on to the highest levels of football.
- Instructing physical activity
- Sports development
- Sports massage
- Work experience
- Working with children
- Sports leadership (including the CSLA qualification)
- Exercise, health and lifestyle
- Organising events
- Sports injuries
You MUST have completed the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma before applying for this programme.
Written presentations, portfolios, verbal presentations, demonstrations and practicals. There will be clear college submission deadlines which will need to be met. Failure to meet these may result in failure to complete the course.
Due to the specific nature of the programme there are additional costs for Chelsea clothing, visits, travel, outdoor activities etc. Fees are payable at enrolment.
You could go onto a degree level programme or work in coaching, sports development, fitness training or sales and marketing.
Independent study will be required to complete assignments in order to meet deadlines. There will be an expectation that you will partake in regular training sessions in your own time to maintain an appropriate level of fitness for this course.
All 16-19 year olds on full-time programmes will be required to retake GCSE English and Maths or to undertake Functional Skills, if they have not already attained the equivalent of a GCSE grade C in these subjects, every year of their course, until they complete their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.