Business Studies A Level at Lansdowne College
A qualification in business gives students the chance to understand the role of business in modern society, as well as to develop an understanding of the global business environment that students may enter in their future career paths. The course is peppered with examples and case studies featuring the most recognisable brands in the world. The subject is academically challenging and enables students to develop the type of employability skills organisations value, including confidence in numeracy, case study analysis and forming logical decisions.
What is Business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance – pricing decisions, product branding and promotional tactics
- Decision making to improve operational performance – how to structure an organisation, how to build quality and the challenges of high capacity
- Decision making to improve financial performance – the basics of accounting, balance sheets and income statements, break-even analysis and cash flow forecasts
- Decision making to improve human resource performance – how to motivate the workforce, what HR flow is, and how to manage workforce size
All aspects of the first year of the course are covered in addition to the following:
- Analysing the strategic position of a business – the influences on a company mission and the difference between strategy and tactics
- Choosing strategic direction – the use of the Ansoff Matrix
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies – internationalisation and assessing innovation
- Managing strategic change – organisation culture and the problems with change
AS-Level – 2 written papers (2 x 1hr 30mins)
A-Level – 3 written papers (3 x 2hrs; each worth 33.3% of total qualification)
A range of university courses exist in business and related subjects with different pathways and placement years available to students within each programme of study, and it remains amongst the most popular courses in the UK. An A-Level Business qualification can lead to careers within multinational organisations in a range of fields including, finance, accounting, advertising, human resources and marketing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lansdowne College directly.