Physical Education AS level **FEES PAYABLE** at Blackheath High School
Physical Education gives students the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of the world of sport, whilst improving their own performance through scientific understanding of the human body, principles of training and how to apply these. P.E. opens a multitude of opportunities for future careers; Sports Science, Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Psychology, Development, Coaching, Teaching and many more.
Sport is a popular, ever growing industry making it an exciting and opportunist area to continue into at higher education.
It is for those who:
- have a keen interest in sport and recreation BUT it is not necessary to be an elite athlete
- want to evaluate and improve their own sporting performance and enjoy discovering about themselves in practical situations
- want to know more about how the body functions and the effects of exercise
- want to learn about the various components of sport, ranging from psychological aspects to the cultural backgrounds of sport and how they have developed
- have an enquiring mind and are interested in sport throughout the world
- in the future are considering following a course that develops the theoretical aspects through practical involvement
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackheath High School directly.