Accounting - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you interested in the world of business and finance? Would you like to gain practical knowledge and skills in accounting? This course covers key accounting topics, relevant to a range of business and finance contexts. It introduces you to the subject, and prepares you for a range of career and Higher Education options.
The course can be taken as part of a full-time programme of study in conjunction with other AS subjects, or possibly with other Level 3 qualifications. Accounting combines particularly well with Business Studies or Computing, but our staff will be happy to help you put together a programme most suited to your needs. The course can also be taken on a part-time basis by mature students.
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Formal classroom work
- Practical work
- Guided study
- Independent study
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, to include Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st language). Specific additional entry requirements will be discussed with you at interview.
- Consideration will be given to mature students without recognised qualifications.
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level
- All students should be motivated and interested in the subject.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The course is assessed as follows:
- The course is modular, with internal assessment for each module
- Two external examinations per year, in January and in June
Whether you study the full A Level or just the AS Level, the course adds to your qualifications and helps you to progress. You will gain UCAS points and be able to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions.
If you choose to continue your studies in a related subject, Grŵp Llandrillo Menai offers Foundation Degrees or BA Honours degrees in Management and Business, Retail Management and Accounting and Finance. You could also take a professional Higher Education course, such as our range of AAT courses.
Your career options would encompass a wide range of business and finance contexts, including accountancy, business finance, human resources, retail, management and marketing.
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Programme code: 0014C03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.