Archaeology - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Archaeology is the ultimate subject for an ‘all round’ student, as it combines well with many other subjects such as history, geography, sociology, science, art and religious studies. Archaeology is all about studying mankind’s past through investigation of material remains to bring the past alive.
During the course you will study the archaeology of religion and ritual, focussing on ancient Egypt in the first instance. The course will develop your skills and methodology in archaeology. We look at site investigation, recording, excavation, dating and interpretation.
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment).
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above to include Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st language)
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This course is assessed through a range of activities these can include:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation.
Archaeology is an academic A Level which is highly regarded by all universities. Archaeology can open the door to a surprising number of career options. Knowledge of archaeology can also be useful in other jobs, like tourism and heritage, town and country planning, environmental science or local government.
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.