Environmental Studies - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
This course will give you a deep and well informed insight into the environment and the scientific processes that control and affect it. The central theme throughout the course is the development of an understanding of how different events and cycles within the environment interrelate, the human impacts on these events and the strategies that can be used to minimise the problems caused. Wildlife conservation, pollution, global climate change and sustainability are all key matters which will be studied during the course.
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment).
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above to include Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st language)
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This course is assessed through a range of activities. These can include:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation.
Degrees in areas related to the environment, geography, geology, science, climate, planning and teaching. Careers in environmental management, conservation, planning and energy consultancy.
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.