Brickwork Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in bricklaying?
This programme allows you to develop a range of bricklaying skills, adding to your knowledge of the trade. On top of your existing knowledge you will learn about more advanced masonry techniques, applicable to a number of practical contexts.
The programme is suitable for students progressing from Level 1 Brickwork, and will build on the knowledge gained at that level. It is also suitable for people with practical experience at a suitable level, who may not need to undertake the Level 1 programme.
You will study a variety of subject-specific modules, in addition to Literacy and Numeracy skills.
This programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
The course is usually delivered over 3 days per week.
- Brickwork Level 1, or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of basic mathematics
- Good standard of written and oral communication
- GCSEs in Maths and English at grade D are desirable
- An interview is required and you will be asked to declare any unspent criminal convictions
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
In the industry, the programme will give you the skills and qualification to progress into self-employment or employment with a firm or contractor.
The programme gives you a qualification and a valuable set of skills, helping you to progress into employment or further education. You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Brickwork Level 3 available at:
Construction Professional Level 2 available at:
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Civil & Structural Engineer
- Environmental Consultant
- Gas Installation & Maintenance Engineer
- Painter & Decorator
- Town & Country Planner
Programme code: 0502B02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.