Professional Cookery and Food and Beverage Service - Level 1 Introduction at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in the diverse food and hospitality industry?
Are you looking to gain professional skills in cookery and food service?
This course gives you a broad introduction to the industry, providing you with experience of preparing, presenting and serving a range of foods and beverages. It also allows you to gain multiple qualifications and boosts your future prospects.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment
- GCSE (A - G) in English or Welsh and Maths
- A strong motivation with a proven commitment to hard work and a good reference.
- You must be willing to learn new skills.
- Attention to timekeeping, presentation and attendance are essential.
- You will be expected to purchase kit, uniform and books, costing approximately £280 (subject to change). Help towards this cost may be available through grants.
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Observations of your practical work
- Practical test at the end of the course
- Written assignments
Completion of this course provides you with a number of options in education and employment. If you choose to progress directly into employment, you will have the knowledge, skills and qualifications to work in a range of catering and hospitality environments. You will also have studied Food Safety to an industry level, which will be a valuable asset.
Many students will choose to progress further in education, gaining a more specialised expertise and greater career options. After this course, you could take the Professional Cookery Level 2. This could eventually lead to a Foundation Degree in Culinary Arts, or to a number of professional roles.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Professional Cookery Level 2, available at:
- Hospitality and Catering Level 2, available at:
- Bar Manager
- Conference & Events Manager
- Hotel Manager
Programme code: 0704A01B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.