Business BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Luton Sixth Form College
This course has been designed to be as practical as possible and allow progression to get a good job with an employer or the skills to progress to university. Throughout your course there will be a need to organise, produce assignments and work with others – all using business related materials. Useful information will be gained through the use of up to date real life business scenarios which will help create awareness of the business world around.
This course is divided into 6 units; 3 in the first year and 3 in the second.
Unit 1 The Business Environment
- ownership of business organisations
- how businesses are organised to achieve their purpose
- the impact of the economic environment on business
- how political, legal and social factors impact on business
Unit 2 Business Resources
- how human resources are managed
- the purpose of managing physical and technological resources
- how to access sources of finance
- interpret financial statements
Unit 3 Introduction to Marketing
- the role of marketing in organisations
- use market research and market planning
- how and why customer groups are targeted
- develop a coherent marketing mix
Unit 4 Business Communication
- different types of business information
- present business information effectively
- issues and constraints in the use of business information
- communicate business information using appropriate methods
Other units covered
- Unit 9 Creative product promotion
- Unit 13 Recruitment and selection in Business
- Unit 19 Developing teams in business
To start any BTEC Level 3 course you need to meet the general college entry requirements.
In addition you would need at least a grade D GCSE in English and Mathematics.
Exam Board – Edexcel
All units are assessed through coursework. There are no externally examined units.
Many business students progress to careers in finance, sales, administration and marketing. It is also excellent for a range of management roles in the private or public sectors.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Luton Sixth Form College directly.