Supporting Teaching & Learning Level 3 Apprenticeship at Reading College
If you are dedicated to a career within a school then this apprenticeship is for you.
You gain a detailed understanding of the principles of child development, and develop the necessary skills to become a fully-rounded childcare practitioner within the education system.
You benefit from being taught by an experienced team, all of whom have relevant and recent industry experience. On successful completion you will be qualified to work in a school setting and have a Level 2 literacy and numeracy. Your qualification will meet the entry requirements for relevant higher education courses.
Covering both theory and practice you will spend some days in college and some in practical training in the work placement.
The scope of the diploma is broad. You develop a deep understanding of how children develop and learn, and you take responsibility for learning activities for children. You also learn how to provide a safe and healthy environment.
Core mandatory units are:
• communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
• schools as organisations including types of schools, policies and procedures and the wider environment in which they operate
• planning, delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to promote and support learning alongside the teacher; personal development and reflective practice
Optional units will focus on some of the following:
• occupational roles
• plan and deliver learning activities under the direction of a teacher
• support literacy development
• support numeracy development
• support delivery of the 14-19 curriculum
• lead an extra-curricular activity.
Other elements of the apprenticeship are:
• Functional Skills in Maths and English
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
This programme is ideal for progression on from the Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning Apprenticeship.
If you don’t have that level 2 qualification then you will need to have a couple of years experience in a childcare setting.
You will need to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This apprenticeship provides an excellent stepping stone onto a foundation degree. Potential job roles include classroom assistant, learning support assistant, and special needs assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Reading College directly.