Design (Visual) BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Seevic College
Do you have artistic flair? This course will cover the creative and practical side of graphical, illustrational, textile and surface art & design. You will develop your creative and technical skills, enabling you to produce a varied and sophisticated portfolio of work . This will prepare you for a rewarding career in art and design. Specialist projects will include:
- Graphic Design
- Fashion & Textiles
- Surface Design
- Marketing and Branding.
- Visual Recording in Art and Design
- Materials, Techniques and Processes in Art and Design
- Ideas and Concepts
- Visual Communication
- Contextual Influences.
- Application, Exploration & Realisation in Art and Design
- Typographic Design
- Words and Images in Graphic Design
- Graphics Media, Techniques and Technology
- Mixed Media Image-Making
- Surface Pattern
- Design for Advertising
- Printed Textiles
- Promoting Art & Design.
General Entry Requirements
- At least four GCSEs at grade C or above or a Level 2 BTEC Diploma (or equivalent) in a related area at Merit Level.
Specific Entry Requirements
- C or above in an Art or Design based GCSE. Students will be required to present a portfolio of art work as part of the interview process.
You will complete a broad range of units throughout the two years; producing work that will give you the opportunity to improve your drawing skills, develop your use of appropriate materials, techniques and processes.
The type of design produced may be any of the following: Typographical or illustrative posters (digitally produced, printed or produced by hand), packaging, book cover design, magazine spreads, corporate identities/logo design, brochure design, photography, advertising, type design, animation drawings and textiles fashion and fashion marketing.
All coursework will contribute to your final grade. Because you will be required to meet tight deadlines, a professional work ethic is encouraged and expected throughout the course. The work you will produce reflects the range of career paths available within the design industries, helping you to choose the right specialist path when you reach the end of your course and are applying for further study. Work based learning and live briefs form an integral part of this course.
- You could progress to the Art Foundation Diploma at Seevic College, or continue to university to study a range of related qualifications.
- You could also progress directly to employment, in areas such as: Graphics, Advertising, Editorial, Fashion, Textiles, Publishing or Print.
- Visits to national art galleries and design events form part of the course and you will benefit from trips to Europe.
- A variety of experienced and professional artists and designers deliver aspects of the curriculum.
- You will also be involved in live projects, giving you valuable experience of working for a client or organisation and encouraging the development of the skills, professionalism and sense of responsibility needed to be an artist or designer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.