Business Studies AQA AS Level (Linear) at Poynton High School
Classes will be taught using a variety of methods to ensure solid understanding of the key concepts and how to apply them. Businesses are studied on both a local and national scale including visits from local business people and visits to a number of businesses.
Time is spent understanding and preparing for the demands of the examination.
- 5 grade Cs or above at GCSE level, including a C or above in this subject if studied at GCSE or a grade C in Mathematics if this subject has not been previously studied.
Unit 1 – 1.5 hour examination (50% of AS)
Three compulsory sections:
• Section A - ten multiple choice questions (MCQs) worth 10 marks.
• Section B - short answer questions worth approximately 20 marks.
• Section C - two data response stimuli with questions worth approximately 25 marks.
Unit 2 – 1.5 hour examination (50% of AS)
• One compulsory case study consisting of approximately seven questions.
The course provides an excellent basis to a number of degrees including Business, Management, Accountancy, Events Management, Marketing, Human Resources and PR as well as being extremely useful to those opting for an apprenticeship or embarking upon a career.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Poynton High School directly.
Last updated date: 15 September 2016