Business Studies A level at Shoreham Academy
AS Subject Content
Theme 1: Marketing and People
- Meeting customer needs
- The market
- Marketing mix and strategy
- Managing People
- Entrepreneurs and Leaders
Theme 2: Managing Business Activities
- Raising finance
- Financial planning
- Managing finance
- Resource management
- External influences
A2 Subject Content
Theme 3: Business Decisions and Strategy
- Business objectives and strategy
- Business Growth
- Decision - making techniques
- Assessing competitiveness
- Managing change
Theme 4: Global Business
- Global markets
- Global marketing
A minimum of 5 GCSE A*-C which must include GCSE Maths and English.
- Paper 1: 50% of AS - Marketing and People
- Paper 2: 50% of AS - Managing Business Activity
Both papers are 90 minute written examinations. Data response questions and one extended open response question externally assessed.
- Paper 1: 35% Marketing, people and global Business
- Paper 2: 35% Business Activities, decisions and strategy
Both papers are 120 minute written examinations.
Data response questions and one extended open response question externally assessed
- Paper 3: 35% Investigating business in a competitive environment.
Paper 3 draws from all four themes and is based on a pre-release context.
University to study business related or other subjects, accounting, working for local and national government, marketing HR.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shoreham Academy directly.