Level 2 Certificate: Early Years Education and Care at Loughborough College
This is a qualification for anyone wanting to work with children. It gives you the skills and confidence that you need to either carry on with further study or step straight into a job.
This cutting-edge course explores the development of children from birth to 16 years of age. It covers exciting topics, like children and play, as well as the latest thinking in children's services.
You will complete seven mandatory units, including:
- Introduction to Working with Children
- The Developing Child
- Providing a Safe and Nurturing Environment
- Children and Play
- Professional Development
- Practical Placement
- Supporting Children with Additional Needs
The course is internally assessed through placement competence, written assignments, and a multiple-choice exam paper.
- GCSE English and Maths; one at grade C or above, the other at grade D or above.
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and will be required before going into employment.
Upon completion of this course, you could enter employment, as an assistant in a range of early years settings, or continue your studies on the two-year, full- or part-time CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care.
To find out more about this qualification, contact us at email@example.com. Or visit our website at www.loucoll.ac.uk
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.