Graphic Communication A Level at St Ivo School
The course aims to develop skills in:
- Formal graphic communication techniques.
- Creative, innovative, and experimental practice.
- Developing ideas from concept to finished product.
- Investigation, analysis and critical judgement, knowledge and understanding of both contemporary and historical graphic design and the contexts within which they operate.
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary and historical graphic design and the contexts within which they operate.
Students will follow a course that leads to 2 examined components.
Component 1: Personal Investigation
Component 2: Externally Set Assignment
Both components are teacher assessed and externally moderated.
Entry to St Ivo Sixth Form is dependent on the attitude to learning and behaviour as well as performance. This is set out in a separate document called “Sixth Form Entry Requirements” which is available on the school website. Some subjects will also have subject specific requirements.
Students will need to purchase a range of art equipment/materials for use at home and sketch pads for each component. Additional costs for visits and workshops of approximately £50 per year.
Students will often progress into product or art and design courses and specialise in an area of interest whilst completing their degree. Some may complete a one year Art Foundation course, whilst others prefer direct entry to university. Immediate entry into a related work placement is an alternative. Graphics opens up an array of opportunities including Graphic Design, Advertising, Product Design, Technical Illustration, Printing, Package Design, Interior Design and Architecture to name just a few possibilities.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.