Drama and Theatre Studies at Prospect School
The A Level Drama and Theatre course extends the skills learnt at GCSE in devising, exploration of text, performing and evaluating. Students will gain experience of live performance both as a performer and an audience member. Further skills in production elements such as lighting, sound, set and so forth will also underpin the work explored.
- Component One: Drama and Theatre
- Component Two: Creating original drama (practical)
- Component Three: Making Theatre (practical)
- GCSE English at Grade 5 or above
- Four GCSE's at Grade C or above An interest in performing
- 60% Practical Assessment
- 40% Written examination
Drama is an entry requirement for most Drama degrees and a good complementary/contrasting subject to other A-Levels even if you're not considering Drama at university. A Drama degree can led to careers in teaching, performer, directing, community based work, therapy, as a Drama Therapist and so forth.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Prospect School directly.