Business A Level at Holly Lodge 11-19 Science College
The WJEC Eduqas A level in Business encourages learners to:
- develop an enthusiasm for studying business
- gain an holistic understanding of business in a range of contexts
- develop a critical understanding of organisations and their ability to meet society’s needs and wants
- understand that business behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
- generate enterprising and creative approaches to business opportunities, problems and issues
- be aware of the ethical dilemmas and responsibilities faced by organisations and individuals
- acquire a range of relevant business and generic skills, including decision-making, problem-solving, the challenging of assumptions and critical analysis
- apply numerical skills in a range of business contexts.
This A level specification introduces learners to the dynamic business environment and the importance of entrepreneurial activity in creating business opportunities and sustaining business growth. Learners will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of essential skills required for higher education and employment.
The focus of the specification is to nurture an enthusiasm for studying business using contemporary contexts, allowing learners to develop an appreciation of the strategic, complex and inter-related nature of business issues from a local to global perspective.
Component 1- Business Opportunities and Functions
Component 2 - Business Analysis and Strategy
Component 3 - Business in a Changing World
Minimum Grade B in GCSE English Language
Three exams at the end of the two year course. One for each component.
Obtaining this qualification will allow for access to degree level courses or employment in related areas such as:-
- Business Management
Suggested reading material:
- Business News section of the BBC website
- Business section of local and national Newspapers
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holly Lodge 11-19 Science College directly.