Trees and Timber Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Capel Manor College
The aim of this Apprenticeship is to develop your knowledge and practical skills at an advanced level, enabling you to adapt to the changes across the arboriculture industry. You will gain self-esteem, confidence and advanced technical knowledge to complement and increase your employment opportunities at a supervisory level within the industry.
The Apprenticeship will last for a minimum of one year. Training is delivered at the College two-days a week every six weeks, combined with training, experience and assessment in the work-place.
You will need at least one of the following:
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Trees and Timber (Level 2)
- at least 3 GCSEs at grades A* to C
- Arboriculture and Forestry Diploma (Level 2) or equivalent
- demonstrate substantial relevant occupational experience
- you must be at least 16 on entry
- you must be employed within the trees and timber industry, working a minimum of 30 hours per week under a contract of employment
You will be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions and complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
We want all of our students to maximise their personal development and prospects for employment or further study. While on your course you will continue to build skills relevant to work and study on our Skills Development programmes, which may include English, maths or computer skills.
Successful completion of this course will enable you to continue in employment at a supervisory level within the arboriculture industry or progress to Higher Education, one of our professional short courses or a professional tree inspection certificate.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.