Historic and Botanic Garden Training Programme Level 3 at Capel Manor College
The Historic and Botanic Garden Training Programme (HBGTP) scheme is a truly exceptional opportunity for passionate and committed horticulturists to advance their careers. You will earn a salary while developing your horticultural and business skills by working alongside the professional teams in some of the best historic and botanic gardens that the UK has to offer.
The programme combines a two-year practical work placement with residential study blocks and final exams each year. You will:
- study for the full RHS Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practices of Horticulture
- attend four residential study blocks in each year at Wrest Park, Bedfordshire comprising two fortnight blocks and two one-week blocks
- go on study trips and lectures
- undertake training and assessment for two further practical qualifications: pesticide application and a compact tractor qualifications
- study for the Heritage Gardens Diploma (delivered by Edinburgh Botanic Gardens) covering subjects and projects related to managing historic and botanic gardens using online study materials.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.