Motor Vehicle Engineering Level 1 Diploma at North Hertfordshire College
Our motor vehicle courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like IV services, Airbus, Ford, BMW, Halfords and Kwik Fit
- Visits to businesses and major events including the Ferrari Training Centre, Land Rover, Jaguar and the Mechanics Show
- Getting to work in an environment that emulates an industrial working environment where you can learn both the practical and technical skills required to succeed in the sector
- Having access to the latest computer technology and cutting-edge tools and diagnostic kits provided by our corporate sponsor – the worldwide manufacturer - Snap-On.
Motor vehicle courses at NHC provide a structured framework in which you’ll develop the knowledge and practical skills necessary for a successful and fulfilling career in the sector. Courses are offered at different levels of entry. This means that, no matter what previous qualifications you’ve achieved, we’ll have a course suitable for you. Opportunities for career progression after our courses include mechanic, body repairer or automotive technician.
- Vehicle technology: this course will introduce you to the retail automotive maintenance and repair sector by looking at the principles of vehicle construction, engine components and operation, steering and suspension systems as well as component fitting, tyre and braking system checks. You’ll also cover workshop tools and equipment, and health and safety.
- Diagnose and rectify light vehicle engine component faults and diagnose and rectify light vehicle chassis system faults
- Diagnose and rectify auxiliary equipment and faults
- Diagnose and rectify light vehicle transmission and driveline system faults.
A level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area, passed with merit or distinction grade - plus maths and English grade C or above, or functional skills level 2 maths and English.
This course is assessed through assignments, projects, practical and online tests. You’ll also sit exams if you’re doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
If you are over 18, please speak to a client advisor.
Possible charges for any trips, visits, materials and uniform if required offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance. Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
Having successfully completed this course, you’ll be able to progress to:
- Extended engineering degree apprenticeships, subject to entry requirements
- Paid employment in the sector
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.