Children and Young Peoples Workforce Certificate Level 2 at Appleby Grammar School
This qualification provides a broad understanding of the children and young people’s workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required to work with children and young people. The course is portfolio based and achieved through the collection of evidence from mandatory and chosen optional units. Students will undertake a one day per week work experience placement in a childcare environment i.e. a nursery.
- Unit 1 Communicating with children
- Unit 2 Personal development
- Unit 3 Equality & inclusion
- Unit 4 Child & young persons development
- Unit 5 Supporting children's development
- Unit 6 Safeguarding children
- Unit 7 Health & Safety
- Unit 8 Supporting children’s positive behaviour
- Unit 9 Creating positive environments for children
- Unit 10 Partnership working
- Unit 11 Building Relationships with children and those caring for children
Four GCSE’s at Grade A*-E. GCSE Maths & English at Grades 9-4 for progression to Level 3 Diploma Early Years Practitioner in the second year.
Students can progress into Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner or employment in the Child Care Sector i.e. Nursery Practitioner or following completion of a Foundation Degree in Children, Young People and their services
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Appleby Grammar School directly.