Animal Management (Animal Nursing 2nd yr) C&G Extended Diploma Level 3 at Kingston Maurward College
This course is the top up pathway to the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Animal Management. This pathway is perfect if you intend to progress into working within a veterinary practice e.g. Veterinary Receptionist, Veterinary Nurse or Animal Nursing Assistant.
Four days a week at college to incude a mix of lectures, demonstrations and practical work.
- Undertake and review work related experience in the landbased industries
- Undertake an investigative project in the landbased sector
- Business management in the land based sector
- Understand and interpret animals behaviour and communication
- Undertake kennel and cattery management
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of biochemistry and microbiology
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of wildlife populations, ecology and conservation
- Understand and undertake wildlife management and rehabiliitation
- Undertake and carry out livestock husbandry
- Undertake Practices of equine health, handling and husbandry
NB. All units are subject to change
Four GCSEs Grade C or above - to include English Language, Science and Maths or Level 2 qualification in animal care with Distinction plus Level 2 Functional Skills. Recent experience of working with animals together with a work placement in a veterinary practice is essential.
Courses leading to a qualification are FREE for British citizens, aged under 19 years on 31 August in the academic year you start your course.* However, there may be some additional costs for clothing/kit and trips depending on your course. You can apply to the Bursary Fund for extra help towards the cost of transport, food, equipment or childcare.
Veterinary Nurse (with further training), Veterinary reception, Animal Nursing Assistant, Animal Parks/Animal visitor attractions, Zoo Keeper, Kennels and catteries, Animal Care Worker/Supervisor, Pet shop work, Dog Grooming Assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingston Maurward College directly.