Travel and Tourism - Level 2 City & Guilds Diploma at Worthing College
By investigating different areas of the travel & tourism the course aims to develop your understanding of the travel and tourism industry.
You will study of range of topics during the course including:
- Interpersonal skills for the Travel & Tourism work place.
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure and Travel & Tourism.
- Customer service and selling skills in travel & Tourism.
- UK Travel & Tourism destinations.
- Visitor attractions.
- Cruise industry.
- Tourist Information services.
- Promotional activities in Travel & Tourism.
You should have a minimum of two GCSEs at grade D.
This course is assessed by coursework and on-line multiple choice exams.
All work produced on the course contributes to the final mark. Coursework Units are internally marked by your teachers and externally verified.
Students can achieve a Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*.
Students are given frequent feedback on their current level of achievement and advice on how to improve.
Students find that because of the skills they develop on the course they have many employment opportunities available to them. If you achieve a merit you will have the opportunity to progress to level 3 courses at Worthing College such as BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Worthing College directly.