Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate at The Dukeries Academy
- This unit provides the foundation for learners to study other units in travel and tourism. They will explore all aspects of the industry, its key components and its scale.
- 1.5 hour exam worth 75 marks.
- Learners investigate the features and appeal of global destinations. They prepare travel itineraries and recommend suitable destinations for customers.
- Set task worth 68 marks.
- Learners explore and apply ways of managing internal and external customer experience to support organisational success and develop their customer service skills.
- Learners study the benefits of work experience in a travel and tourism organisation. They reflect on their practical workplace skills by completing 40 hours of appropriate work experience.
5 A*-C grades at GCSE (including English and Maths).
There are 4 units, 2 exams and 2 coursework modules. Mandatory content (83%). External assessment (58%)
Student can progress into the Travel and Tourism industry directly undertaking an apprenticeship or continue their studies at university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Dukeries Academy directly.