Jewellery Manufacture Intermediate Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
The qualification will provide proof of a basic ability, knowledge and understanding of the craft at a recognised standard. Such skills provide an insight into the construction of jewellery which would help both in manufacturing and retail.
- Workshop practices
- Understanding and interpreting drawing for manufacture
- Identifying common precious metals and alloys
- Using manufacturing processes and tools to construct jewellery and components
- Using manufacturing processes and tools to finish jewellery and components
- Use tools to produce hand engraving
- Use techniques to identify and set stones
- Identify how new and emerging technologies impact on working practices in the jewellery industry
- Health and safety
On completing the Level 2 and with the recommendation from the tutor and support from the employer you can progress to an Advanced Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.