Site Carpentry Level 3 Diploma at Hartlepool College of Further Education
This course targets those students who wish to extend their previous experience and skills, developing further the skills and knowledge achieved in Level 2.
The content of this course covers a wide range of topics such as:
- Health & Safety
- Storage and Handling
- Communication Methods in the Construction Industry
- Estimating Material Quantities 3
- Knowledge of Building Technology 3
- Erect Complex Structural Carcassing Components
- Erect Non Structural and Structural Components
- Know How to Set Up and Use Fixed and Transportable Machinery
- Undertake the relevant Functional Skills (English, Maths or IT)
Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry.
A formal interview with a team member is required.
A variety of assessment methods are used including:
- Portfolios of Evidence
- Multiple-choice End Tests
- Exams for Functional Skills
- On-line Tests
- Practical Synoptic Tests
The course will prepare students for progression to an apprenticeship if available, or Higher Education courses in the construction sector.
Students will have the opportunity to participate in enrichment activities, visits and skills competitions, when/if held.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hartlepool College of Further Education directly.