Applied ICT at King Charles I School
The broad aims of this programme in Applied ICT are to encourage candidates to:
* develop a broad range of ICT skills and knowledge of the uses of ICT in vocational contexts, as a basis for progression into further learning in ICT-related fields, including progression from AS to A2
* develop knowledge and understanding of the components, functions and applications of information systems within a range of organisations
* develop an understanding of the main principles of solving problems using ICT and develop the skills necessary to apply this understanding. In addition, the aims of the Advanced GCE specification in Applied ICT are to encourage candidates to:
* apply their knowledge and understanding of ICT and use skills (e.g. planning, research, evaluation, problem solving) in vocational contexts
* develop an understanding of the impact of information systems on organisations’ personnel, policies and practices
* develop project management skills and an understanding of the need to work with others.
5 or more subjects at GCSE with grade C or better OR
3 subjects at GCSE with grade C or better, plus a BTEC Level 2 Course with Merit or better.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact King Charles I School directly.