Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma at Helston Community College
This course is for anyone who is considering a career in the beauty industry. Whether that is in a salon, cruise ship or health spa. This course aims to give you confi dence and knowledge about beauty therapy enabling you to enter the industry or progress on to higher courses
This course is delivered here at Helston community college in our own well equipped salon which is open to the general public. You will be expected to attend college two and a half days a week.
Unit covered within this course are:
- 201: Working in the beauty industries
- 202: Following health and safety in the salon
- 203: Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- 205: Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- 216: Salon reception duties
- 204: Provide facial skincare
- 206: Remove hair using waxing techniques
- 207: Provide manicure treatments
- 208: Provide pedicure treatments
- 209: Apply make up
- 210: Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- 214: Provide and maintain nail enhancements
- 215: Provide nail art
- 218: Eyelash perming
- 223: Apply skin tanning techniques
No previous knowledge required but students are expected to have a pleasant personality, a high standard of presentation and good communication skills.
Assessments are carried out in a wide range of diff erent styles
- Observation of practical skills
- Written assignments
- Written questions
- Online examination
The course is assessed by student-led assessments, which means the student decides when they are ready to be assessed.
Each student will be required to purchase their own personal tools, equipment and salon overalls. Information about the costs for these is available on request. Each student must also carry out and model for each treatment.
After successfully completing the course students can then progress on to level 3 courses in Beauty Therapy
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Helston Community College directly.