Certificate in Professional Food and Beverage Service (Level 1) at Coleg Sir Gar
- To achieve the Level 1 Certificate in Professional Food and Beverage Service learners must achieve 26 credits from the units to achieve the qualification.
- Learners will get to work in a real working environment within the college's training restaurant in the kitchen and front of house.
- Learners will have to purchase a restaurant and kitchen uniform pack.
- Learners will have to attend on a regular basis and attendance includes Thursday evenings on a rota basis.
- Learners can progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Food and Beverage Service.
This course allows those wishing to gain knowledge and practical skills to work in front of house. Learners will gain the skills to deliver food and beverage service in our restaurant to a high level of service. Learners will also learn essential skills in areas like safety and hygiene, handling payments, bookings, bar service and working as a team. There will be continuous assessments to ensure you reach the required level of competency.
Learners will need to attend an interview and a short test.
Three GSCEs grade C and above, or relevent industrial experience are required.
Learners should also have excellent social skills and behaviour, an excellent attendance record and a commitment to study.
Learners will be assessed in practical sessions in the restaurant and knowledge assessments will be undertaken to ensure the learning process and understanding is taking place.
Achieving a food and beverage service qualification can help people work in roles such as a waiter/waitress and can lead to restaurant manager, sommelier/wine waiter. Alternatively, learners may wish to continue their studies and progress onto the Level 2 Diploma in Food and Beverage Service.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.