Brickwork CSkills Apprenticeship at Hull College Group
You will need to apply online for this course directly with the CSkills via http://www.bconstructive.co.uk/apprenticeships/apply.asp
This is a two year block release course consisting of bricklaying techniques and applications. The course is supplemented by job knowledge and work based evidence.
Students are expected to be able to work alone and use their own initiative to plan and problem solve.
- Health & Safety in the workplace
- Conform to Efficient Work Practices
- Move and Handle Resources
- Erect Masonry Structures: ½ b walls, cavities, arches, solid walls
- Set Out Masonry Structures
- Place and Finish Non-Specialist Concrete
- Additional Goals: Functional Skills, Maths and Communications.
- You will specialise in brickwork. Initial contact will be through CSkills; you can apply online to the CSkills website: http://www.bconstructive.co.uk/ apprenticeships/apply.asp.
- You will be required to pass a Trainee Selection Test and an Interview.
- No formal qualification is required.
- Assessment in college will consist of a continual assessment programme and some external end tests for Key Skills/programmes.
- Collection of Work Based Evidence will also be required.
The college provides all tools.
Students are required to supply the following:
- Adequate safety footwear
- All stationery requirements
Possible progression to day release Brickwork NVQ level 3 subject to work evidence.
Safety footwear must be worn in all workshops. We do not allow the use of safety trainers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.