Digital Media Cambridge Technical at Appleby Grammar School
- Unit 1: Media products and audiences (External Examination)
- Unit 2: Pre-production and planning (External Assessment)
- Unit 3: Create a media product (Internal Assessment)
- Unit 20: Advertising media (Internal Assessment)
- Unit 21: Plan and deliver a pitch for a media product (Internal Assessment)
Optional Units (select one):
- Unit 23: Create a personal media profile (Internal Assessment)
- Unit 24: Cross-media industry awareness (Internal Assessment)
Students are normally expected to have four GCSEs at Grades A*-C, and preferably have some ICT skills and access to a computer. Students must be aware that this is a practical course, with a substantial coursework burden, and requires students to put in independent time. The advantage of completing coursework is that students then have less pressure in the traditional exam period. Students who do not have access to ICT equipment at home are significantly disadvantaged.
The qualification attracts the standard UCAS tariff points and is graded Pass, Merit, Distinction, Distinction*. It is a good insight for those who may wish to study Media, Digital Media, Games Design or ICT at university or who are considering employment. It also equips you with valuable ICT skills for university, work and life. IT has been one of the school’s best performing A-levels. Historically students who studied ICT have gone to university to study: law, geography, business, computing, animation, sports science, graphic design, art to name a few, or gained suitable employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Appleby Grammar School directly.