Motorsport Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMI Level 3 Extended Diploma at Northbrook College Sussex
This course is ideal for those intending to proceed to management/engineering positions or design, production and testing roles. Motorsport Vehicle Engineering Technology is a leading qualification which is a measure of excellence. Those completing the course will not only have a first class knowledge of all aspects of motorsport vehicles from a practical viewpoint but also a thorough theoretical knowledge. Both levels include vehicle maths & science, ICT for vehicle repair, vehicle electrical & electronics, health & safety and good housekeeping.
- Opportunity to gain work experience with the College Racing Team
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Opportunity to progress to Northbrook’s Foundation Degree in Motorsport Engineering
- Scholarships affiliated with Ricardos
- Success Rates above National Benchmark
This course is for students who have already obtained the Level 2 Motorsport Engineering Extended Diploma (passed with Merit profile, including
English and Maths requirements)
or who have AS or A Levels in analytical subjects.
Other relevant qualifications or experience will always be considered.
Entry is also dependent on successful interview and reference.
The course is assessed via a combination of examination and continuous assessment.
- Practical assessment workshop tasks measure competence, which is the ability to complete a vehicle related job to an exacting standard
- Online examinations assess underpinning knowledge
- Phase testing, which are in-class exams (written) to ensure one subject is understood before moving to the next topic
After Level 3, you can achieve an IMI Level 3 Extended Diploma in Motorsport Vehicle Maintenance & Repair.
This means you can apply for Northbrook’s Foundation Degree in Motorsport Engineering. The Extended Diploma course does not currently attract UCAS points but we can support you to apply for university level courses at other institutions. You can also seek employment in either the automotive (production road car) or motorsport industries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Northbrook College Sussex directly.