Applied Science - BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma [90 Credit Diploma Route - Medical Science] at Harrow College
This is a full-time programme for students who want to study applied sciences with an emphasis on medical science. The course will appeal to those who:
- Have a keen interest in the application of science, particularly in the medical area.
- Enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to their own lives and experiences.
- Want to find out more about science through personal investigations.
- Want the opportunity to carry out practical work as well as class work.
- Are interested in developing an understanding of science and how to solve scientific problems.
- Want to study a course that is active and enjoyable.
- Want to move on to a related career or higher education course.
The course has an equivalence to a 3 A level programme.
A wide range of scientific disciplines including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Psychology with an emphasis on Medical Science.
Minimum of 4 GCSE grades A* - C, including 2 in Science, English and Maths, or a Merit at BTEC First Applied Science.
This is a 100% coursework based course. Each unit is assessed by assignments which are graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. Each unit is then awarded an overall grade.
Please see our information on fees and bursaries on the Young Learners (16+) pages of the website. Any fees paid for full time programmes are non refundable. Please contact Admissions if you would like further information or advice.
Students can go on to study a Science, Applied Science or Medical Science subject at university. Alternatively, students may choose to go straight into employment in areas such as Forensic Science, Quality Control, Environmental Protection or Health and Safety.
Equipment or materials:
You will need all standard stationary equipment, including folders and a scientific calculator.
There may be additional costs for student visits.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harrow College directly.