BTEC LEVEL 1 INTRODUCTORY DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY at Selby College
If you have an interest in Information Technology (IT) and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively, this course provides an excellent broad-based introduction to Information Technology and its use in the workplace.
You will study a number of units, including:
- Being Organised
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Working with Others
- Researching a Topic
- Solving Technical IT Problems
- Creating a Spreadsheet to Solve Problems
- Creating a Website
Plus, three units from the following:
- Developing Digital Information using IT
- Using Digital Communication Technologies
- Developing a Computer Program
- Developing a Digital Product
- Creating a Digital Animated Graphic
Please note: If you have not achieved a Grade 4 or above in GCSE English and/or Maths you will be required to continue studying these alongside your college course.
You will be required to undertake a one-week work placement as part of the course.
Standard Level 1 entry requirements apply.
On successful completion of this course and to a good standard, it can be used as a stepping stone to a vocational area of your choice, whether it is a Level 2 course at College or directly into employment.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.